Practice.
Upping practices tomorrow. We start morning swims. Ohh, 5:30 is so early, my alarm is set for 5. My first class isn't until 10, oh the sleep I could have. At least we don't have to share the pool with others. It's closed while we swim, or at least the "lap pool" is, I still haven't figured out what you do in the rec. pool. Though I hear rumors that they are going to project movies on a wall of the pool. Whatever you are into. I'm not excited about all this practice. I guess it's good for me.
I had a goal meeting with Coach today. That went pretty well, mostly we agreed on stuff. Except the part were I'm going to be merging into sprint. I'd rather do the 1000. Probably should have told him that considering most people would do the 100 free over the 1000 any day. Oh well, he's the coach; I'll go were he needs me. He asked if I had been eating well. I asked him if he had seen the food at Atherton. He just smiled and said to try my best. Goodness. It's gross. Just plain gross. Gross doesn't even begin to describe it. They messed up Shepard's Pie the other day and I about cried. I cross my fingers for chicken patties everyday.
I also had a meeting with the academic advisor for athletes (required for all freshman atheletes) this is our third meeting and she finally asked me what my major was. Then she asked what I wanted to do with that. How come people don't believe me when I say I don't know? They're always like "so you wanna do research?" No, if I wanted to do research, I would have said that. When I said "I don't know" it was the truth. It's like I'm hiding this secret ambition somewhere and they think they are going to pull it out of me by asking what I want to do with Biology. For the record, I think it's interesting and I'm not to bad at it. How's that for you???
So, I did wear socks with my sandals today. Then I proceeded to see this article about fashion phopaxs and one was socks with sandals. Sigh. Note to self- shoes, comfy shoes.
On Monday I got into a mini argument in my English/writing class. We were discussing The History of Bombing (strange book, but not bad for nonfiction). One it was all I could not to hit the girl who said she liked that it wasn't your average war novel. No shit. It's not a novel. The other was all the people who were like "I don't agree with you that this book is better than anything out there to describe war. Have you seen a war movie?" First of all, have any of you people read The Things They Carried? Talk about a war book. Two, movies aren't real either, it's fake people. The Professor talked about how he thinks in words and how it is hard for him to think that other people think in pictures, or music, or whatever. (it's like how bilingual people still only think in one language, ask them, they do). I think in words. It's like a conversation going on in my head, a one-sided conversation, but a conversation. So, I guess it's easier for me to relate to words than it to pictures. It goes along with that whole if-you've-read-the-book-the-movie-sucks thing. Mom, you would be so proud, I love books. I think one of the things I miss most is books. I know I've said it before but hello, reading was one of the things I spent most of my time doing. It was up there with eating sleeping, swimming, and pooping. I know I've talked about this before, but I don't really care, it's what's on my mind.
I should really stop, this is becoming a novel. Just a couple of questions. 1-what would YOU do with a biology degree? 2-How do you think? Do you think is words (written or spoken?), pictures, music, what? 3- ok, there isn't really a third. : )
One last thing, sorry for the length, in word, this was over a page.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home