A Snapshot of Time

Written words, a photo, both capture a moment that could only happen once

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Conversations

I think one of the hardest thing about moving to Bloomington is loosing my network. I'd been spoiled. I spent so much time working at IWF and the CUE that I got used to having fantastic conversations about things that matter. Hunting laws, the environment, heirloom veggies, good food, and a number of other things. I don't make friends fast- so here I am still at the point where it's trival stuff, "you're in xx class too right? What do you think of it?" So I spent a few hours in the library today pursuing NPR, and CNN, and the Times, and The Wall Street Journal (which I've been told to read, not that you can w/o subscribing for $2 a week, $104 a year? No thanks.). I found this article on NPR today- and man, did I wish for that network. I know we would have some fabulous conversations about it. The cool green-roof-trap-doors, how LEED certification is a becoming a requirement in the word of architects, and probably how cool it all is. LEED buildings are fucking awesome. Butler added an addition to the pharmacy building, and I find myself geeking about weird things, like duel-flush toilets (low flow for yellow, higher for brown). The Nature Conservancy in Indiana also finished their LEED building (which I got to work in some this summer) and it's the first platinum in Indy and beyond super cool. So, why are LEED buildings in vogue? Can they last?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home