Peter Pan
So three posts ago I mentioned receiving some gifts from my mom that to me signaled I was growing up. One such thing was a square dish from my moms china, Mason's/Regency's Plantation Colonial (which she was very excited to learn that I love as much as she does). So I promptly brought it home (and by promptly I mean that I forgot it at home and had to head back to get it after picking Krista up all of 5 houses down) and put it in what appeared to be a safe place in the kitchen. Appeared being the operative word here.
As you can guess at this point it broke. It slid off its shelf, into the sink, and broke into four pieces. I'm not so much upset that it's broken (I believe mom phrased it "It's ok, I must have about 6 more") but that I failed to keep it in a single piece. It's a symbol. Of grown-up-hood (yes, really). I keep telling myself I'm being silly but it hasn't quite hit home yet.
In other news- Changed my room around this weekend and it's looking a lot better. What's really shocking though is that this furniture move including moving all the clothes and shoes into the small closet (dresser came out into the room) while the large closet was turned into longer term storage. For those of you who were unaware- My room at Krista's has two closets. The original closet- which is actually a decent size- and a second "walk in." The walk in is about 2 feet stolen from the living room. It even has the living room windows in it. Anyway, long story short. Three doors made furniture arrangements in the room a bit awkward and so far this is working out much better.
Enough rambling.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home